Voice over internet protocol (VoIP) phone systems are gaining traction for both personal and business use. We ask why, what is VoIP and why is it the way forward?
Here are 5 of the biggest reasons:
1. Hosted phone solutions require no on-site equipment. That means you have more space in your office and you never need contractors to pay you a visit (particularly valuable if your office is just a spare bedroom in your home).
2. Because there’s no physical hardware involved, you never need to worry about maintenance, repairs or upgrades. All three are pushed to you invisibly. You also have no huge connectivity requirements to fulfil.
3. You have the full functionality of your phone system wherever you can get online. Redirect your 0800 numbers, change you message alerts and download call data from home, at a business seminar or from the comfort of your favorite coffee shop just as easily as you can in the office.
4. Not only do VoIP setups eliminate the need for telecom specialists, they can even replace receptionists. An online telephony system can greet callers and route customers depending on your needs.
5. Online telephony is flexible. Not only can you set it up in minutes, you can also expand or prune it quickly and easily. You’re never stuck with features or hardware you no longer want (or want to pay for) and adding new offices (or allowing your employees to telecommute) is a piece of cake!
Have a look at our hosted VoIP offerings here if you're interested in reviewing a Voice Over IP solution in your office!
DWS Latest News and Information can be read here.